Friday, July 29, 2011

A Paper, Finals Week, and Party BOP

So ends July, and half my summer's spent.
My paper for ecology took time,
although I left it late and wrote it all
the day before I was to hand it in,
which also was the class's final day -
the day on which we took our last exam.
I feel my essay was in decent shape,
but my exam did rather tick me off.
So time will tell if I will sadly fail
or if I'll pass on through without a scratch.
What's done is done. Now August lies ahead
That's when I'll try to live it through and through.
I've still got much to do before I leave
and in this month I plan to do it all.

Tonight's a party, post exams, for fun
The theme is "Britain" - dress as one of them!
I had no costume, so I wore a tie,
and wore my trenchcoat and my pork-pie hat.
Josh wore his suit. And so when we arrived
The PA's said we were the first they'd seen
of men who really tried to dress like Brits.
A dancing party's really not my thing,
so I went near the bar and talked to friends.
The ones who danced enjoyed themselves a lot,
and I had fun just lounging, sitting back.

Cool Britannia BOP!

 Drinks

Me, Josh, and Shihai

The other costume party at the Hidden Rooms

Tomorrow's London, with the PKP.
I know not what it has in store for me.
But I must take some pictures of the place
for I must still submit my entries to
the photo contest asked by PKP.

- originally written August 1

No comments:

Post a Comment