Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some Studying, and Lighter Things Between

The days are rolling by; these weeks have been
two somber weeks of merely studying.
I swear that I will truly live it up
once finals end and August rolls around.
Due Monday* was the paper 'bout some ducks
on which I got a perfect 12 on 12!
In shock, I nearly walked into a wall
and left my camera inside the room,
for in the early days they stressed quite well
how perfect papers need to be to get a 12.
I went to Sainsbury's, as I was far from full
- and ate a pizza, 'twas 10 inches wide.

I watched Sir Richard Dearlove do his thing -
he talked about security all night
of which I grasped quite little, sad to say.
Free wine was served post-talk; and then I left
and followed two PA's into a pub.**

Sir Richard Dearlove

River Cam from Magdalene Bridge 

I watched a Shakespeare play, and it was grand!
It was regarding fairies and true love
(so you can guess which funny play it was).
Set in the garden of the College of St. John,
I laughed and marveled, thrilled, at all I saw
and left more entertained than long I've been
at any film. The joys of acting live!

St. John's from the back

The final bow of the cast of A Midsummer Night's Dream

And last, I must take happy note
that Math class is of dreamlike fun to take.
We lounge and work out logic puzzle math
and learn a lot while having lots of fun.
I'm sad that it's now over - far too short
I'd gladly take another week of math!

- originally written August 1
*July 18, but I got the paper back July 29
**July 13 - I thought a different pub night (actually July 20 or so) was this night

No comments:

Post a Comment